We’re planning to hold an Open Air Service for All Ages in the Church/Rectory garden on Sunday, 2nd August, 10:30-11:15am and we want to know if you would like to come?
We will still be live-streaming the service, for those who will not be able to come – and we aim to make that as good a service online as possible. See stlm.uk/online
Before you let us know if you’re coming, please read carefully the following…
Please read this Government Advice
- Worshippers should limit their interactions with anyone they are not attending with, i.e. wherever possible they should try not to engage in conversation with anyone outside of the group they are attending with.
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell) should not attend due to the risk that they pose to others; they should self-isolate at home immediately with other members of their household. Remote participation should be considered by live streaming.
- Where individuals are self-isolating due to a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the household, or because they have been requested to so by NHS Test & Trace, they should participate remotely.
- Certain groups of people may be at increased risk of severe disease from COVID-19, including people who are aged 70 or older, regardless of medical conditions. Individuals who fall within this group are advised to stay at home as much as possible and, if they do go out, to take particular care to minimise contact with others outside of their household.
- Shielded patients are currently advised not to meet more than one person from outside of their own household, and therefore not currently advised to attend services, but participate remotely.
Accessibility & Seating
- Access to the garden is via steps and some uneven ground. Wheelchairs may be possible if you can bring enough people to help.
- We would like as many people as possible to bring their own portable seating or rugs.
- Everyone is welcome, including families with children. Please only come if you will be able to stay together in one small area – eg on a couple of rugs.
- We can not have children roaming freely as they might normally. If you think your children might struggle with this, consider bringing another adult with you to help, or watching the live-stream at home.
Arrive by TWENTY PAST
- You need to be able to arrive by 10:20am, that’s TWENTY PAST TEN!!! This is so we can get everyone in the right place before we start the service.
- We will be live-streaming the service, God willing. Let us know if you do not want to be seen, and we will try to position you out of view.
- We will invite all who attend to give their contact details so that they can be contacted at a later date for Test and Trace if necessary.
Now that you’ve read all that, if you’d like to come please click this link to fill in a short survey form to help us plan: CLICK HERE TO RESPOND (a Google Form)
Any questions or comments? Contact us here.
David Heath-Whyte, Team Rector, 29th July 2020