We are now meeting again in person in the St Lawrence building, as well as streaming that service live on Youtube
You can register on this page to come to one of our Sunday service – the 10:30am, or Kids & Co at 4pm. Please read all the information first so that you know what to expect!
Because of the Government’s Coronavirus advice for churches, it will be a different service to what we’re used to at St Lawrence, but we’re grateful that we can start to meet in person again.
Here are some of the features of the services:
We will be live-streaming the service, God willing. You can find the link to that feed on stlm.uk/online as usual
Let us know on the form below if you want to attend but do not want to be seen on video, and we will try to position you out of view.
You must book to come, at least 24 hours before the start of the service. I know this is weird, and yes we will probably have space for random arrivals, but if you book we can plan seating to get the most people in. See below for the form (but read all the rest first please).
You can book by telephone – call Charles Jeffery on
If you have symptoms of Coronavirus
Do not come – even if you have registered. Email or call us to tell us you can’t make it. If you’d like prayer, let us know.
We’ll be aiming at:
- 10:30am All-Age Service, 45 minutes
- 10:30am Normal Service, 60 minutes
- 4:00pm Kids & Co Children’s Service, 30 minutes
For 10:30am, please arrive to be seated at 10:20am.
Safety before, during and after the service
Outside the building we ask you to maintain 2m distancing.
Inside we will be all wearing facemasks (except service leaders), and maintaining 1m+ distancing. You will have to stay in your pew throughout the service, except for toilet breaks.
After the service we will ask you to leave promptly without socialising. We’ll hold “Zoom Refreshments” on video about 30 minutes after the service ends.
Please enter the church by the old main entrance – this is on the South side of the building, nearest to Manor House / The George.
Please enter the grounds via the Lych Gate (the gate with the roof and war memorials).
If you are parking in Merton College Car Park, please use the London Road path, and do not walk through the churchyard.
We are very keen for children to be able to join in with what we do.
However we can not run our Sunday Club at the 10:30am service, and our normal flexibility with wandering children is impossible with Covid restrictions.
Please watch the 10:30am service online, and then come as a family to our 4pm “Kids & Co” service – which is 30 minutes long, child-friendly, and based on the same Bible passage as the morning service.
The first Sunday of each month will be an All-Age Service at 10:30am, to which everyone is welcome.
Please bring your own…
- Cushions (the pew cushions will be removed)
- Bible (or use an app)
If you can’t manage a pew, please let us know using the form below, we have some space that we can use flexibly.
We can’t serve refreshments at the moment, and you are supposed to leave the service as quickly as possible without socialising. However Zoom Refreshments will happen, and the link will be available via the church email. Contact us if you’d like to join the list
For safety reasons it is best to give electronically – please see our giving page. We will have a giving box available in the building for envelope / cash giving.
Test and Trace
At the service you will be invited to leave your details for the Government’s Test and Trace scheme.
Please read this Government Advice
- Worshippers should limit their interactions with anyone they are not attending with, i.e. wherever possible they should try not to engage in conversation with anyone outside of the group they are attending with.
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell) should not attend due to the risk that they pose to others; they should self-isolate at home immediately with other members of their household. Remote participation should be considered by live streaming.
- Where individuals are self-isolating due to a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the household, or because they have been requested to so by NHS Test & Trace, they should participate remotely.
- Certain groups of people may be at increased risk of severe disease from COVID-19, including people who are aged 70 or older, regardless of medical conditions. Individuals who fall within this group are advised to stay at home as much as possible and, if they do go out, to take particular care to minimise contact with others outside of their household.
- Shielded patients are currently advised not to meet more than one person from outside of their own household, and therefore not currently advised to attend services, but participate remotely.
Register for a Sunday Service
Now that you’ve read all that, if you’d like to come register using the form below. If you are coming with another household in a bubble, please include them in your numbers.
To help us plan for services while Coronavirus restrictions are in place, please register for the Sunday Service at least 24 hours before the service begins.
By filling in this form you are consenting to St Lawrence Church holding and processing your personal data for the purpose of planning the services you choose, and contacting you with regard to those services. Once the service date has passed, the data you have provided will be deleted. You can find out more about our privacy and data protection policies here.
Please put something in every box marked *